Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Laundry





So you my have wondered how we clean our clothes here in Peru. Well life is very simple here and even though there are laundromats here for the tourist we choose to wash our clothes like the locals. It takes some serious time to finish a whole load of laundry because you have to hand scrub each piece of clothing and then hang it out to dry which can take several days since it tends to rain here in the afternoon. When the sun is out the clothes can dry quite fast but that is rare during their summer time here in Cusco.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Is that my daughter doing her handwashing? Looks pretty rustic. These are memories that will stay with you for life. I know you will always appreciate the comforts of home. Quincy said the two of you sure have guts. Judy looked at your blog and said she'd like to meet you on a cruise sometime. We love you and love the updates. The pictures are awesome. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys! Way to live like real Puruvians. Have you noticed how your clothes are so much stiffer than when you dry them with a fabric softener? I remember that from my trip to Brazil, although I have to sheepishly admit I didn't wash my clothes, my host family's maid did it for me.